Thursday, September 26, 2013

Love Yourself Boosts


Hey everyone!

This week I have asked two of my lovely roommates Nicole and Carly and the cute, spunky girl across the hall, Kayla, to contribute to this week’s post. I have asked them what “learning to love yourself” means to them, and what they do when they need a “Love Yourself Boost”!

(Disclaimer: I tried my best to paraphrase them, but I hardly do them justice! These girls are amazing and I am so grateful that I have the opportunity to know and hang out with them!)

Nicole: The biggest part about self-image is not comparing yourself to others because there is always going to be “someone better”. We need to learn to love ourselves how we are, remember that we are who we are for a reason, and we are meant to be who we are.

“Love Yourself Boost”: Nicole usually goes to her number one supporter: her mom! Another thing she likes to do is count her blessings and to see that things are good the way they are.

Carly: In a world that’s so consumed with self-image it’s really hard to love yourself. Most of the time models are unrealistic, and they use Photoshop and other technology to digitally enhance beauty. I always remember that Heavenly Father created us in his image, and being the divine king that he is, our bodies are perfect the way they are.

“Love Yourself Boost”: Carly likes to pamper herself by doing her hair, or having a chick flick night with her mom because it makes her remember that she is important and she is beautiful the way she is.

Side note from Hardy: See! Even though we’re in college we still need our mamas because the people that raise us are able to see the best qualities we have even when we can’t see them for ourselves. Shout out to Mama Hardy, LOVIES!

Kayla: It is easier to be happy when you love yourself, and then it’s easier to serve others because you fully understand your own self worth. Learning to love yourself will help you serve others with more love.

“Love Yourself Boost”: Back home, Kayla always went to the beach when she was upset because looking across the water was like looking across infinity, and it helped her remember to look towards the future instead of staying in the past (Hakuna Matata anyone?). Another thing that helps her is music because it helps her learn about herself and music has been a part of her life for such a long time. She loves to play music to help boost her mood and I quote: “NO ONE CAN BE SAD WHEN YOU PLAY A UKELELE!”

I hope these girls have given you some ideas about your own thoughts and feelings about learning to love yourself! I would love to have some comments about what you think and some of the things you do when you need a “Love Yourself Boost”, so feel free to share!

XOXO Hardy

3 comments:

  1. I lovies you my beautiful Emily!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I would definitely agree with always needed your mom! When I need a "Love Yourself Boost" I surround myself with loved and trusted friends and family. I always feel better when I'm with the people I love the most and that love me back! I also like to go exercise. My favorite is going to a dance class or Bikram yoga. Not only do you extrinsically feel better about yourself, but physiologically your body feels good too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!! Everyone needs those "love yourself boosts" and these are fantastic ideas! I love going for a run or just shooting some foul shots outside. Or, there's always chocolate ice cream in the fridge.....

    ReplyDelete